Pages

Friday 28 October 2011

The Matatu Menance



What happened to the Michuki rules? The transport industry is in a mess. As am seated in this matatu going to meet who would be my future employer, i wonder why there is so much greed in the matatu industry.


'Wanne wanne kama pk' reads one of the stickers! 'Kupanda ni popote kushuka ni stage', reads another. 'Change ni ukikumbuka' makes me even wonder more, what if that was the only cash you had in your pocket and the makang'a, as the conductors are known, pulls a disappearing act with your money? That can be tragic to say the least. 'if you miss the driver, kiss the conductor' reads another...'Hakuna stage ya hapo dere'...the humor gets even better.






According to statistics, most accidents happen do too ignorance by the matatu drivers. Getting drunk is not an issue, BUT DRINKING-Mind you, its beer, not milk- AND DRIVING? That is suicidal. It turns even more tragic if the matatu is over loaded or 'Habiria wamekaa wanne wanne kama pk'!



We can't just place the blame only on the makang'a and dere or carrying excess passengers but also the matatu owners whos greed surpasses that of my dear MPig (pun intended). They want to make so much money at the expense of the commuters.





Am almost getting to my destination, please God let me reach safely. And my fellow jobless and job-full commuters, don't enter in an already full matatu. Wacha ushenzi, kua na ungwana! I rest my case.. .as i listen to collo's no more on my kabambe 3Giggers. Awt


No comments:

Post a Comment